Helping Amnesty to call on the Egyptian authorities to release Peter Greste and his Al Jazeera colleagues immediately and unconditionally.
Australian journalist Peter Greste and his Al Jazeera colleagues Mohamed Fahmy and Baher Mohamed were unfairly jailed in Egypt under the guise of terrorism-related charges for ‘airing misleading news’ about Egypt’s political situation.
- With 72 hours to go before the 3 journalists were due to appear in court it was clear that there was going to be significant media interest in the case
- Amnesty were already gathering signatures, calling on President Abdel Fattah al Sisi to immediately release these three prisoners of conscience, jailed solely for the peaceful exercise of their right to free expression.
- With media coverage of the trial and the verdict looming, interest from members of the public was likely to be heightened
- Amnesty needed to generate as much traffic as possible to ensure maximum public support for Greste and his colleagues
- Google Adwords campaign activated at ninja speed to drive traffic to petition landing page and generate petition signatures
- Pro-active monitoring and optimisation of keywords and ad-copy over the critical 72 hour period
Ninja Skills Used
- Fast response campaign deployment
- Testing of goal conversion funnel for petition signature
- Follow up reports and client briefing
- More than 700 additional signatures in a 10 day window